This course is designed to help healthcare providers manage cholesterol levels. Nurses play a critical role in educating patients and family members in the continuum of care which include managing disease, medications, post discharge management and when and how to seek medical attention.
Contact Hours: 3
Course Price: $30.00
Eagle Professional Services (EPS) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Florida Board of Nursing, CE provider # 50-29522.
Tracking # 20-714313
About this Course
You must score 80% or better on the test and complete the course evaluation tool to earn a certificate of completion for this CE activity. The information provided is for educational purposes.
- Appreciate the incidence and significance of high cholesterol in the American Population
- Review the key functions of the liver as they relate to cholesterol production and processing.
- Identify diagnostic tests used for control in cholesterol management.
- Outline the concepts and information the nurse should provide for the patient seeking effective cholesterol management.
- Discuss the dietary implications in relation to cholesterol management.
- Identify modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors in the management of cholesterol.
- Analyze the pharmacological treatment of high cholesterol.
- Appropriately provide effective coaching/teaching resources for the patient needing cholesterol management.