The purpose of this course is to encounter a wide variety of illnesses, diseases, and injuries due to the nature of nursing. Responsibilities include caring for inmates with acute or chronic illnesses, and a government or private organization to employ them. Job growth is expected to significantly rise as the demand for correctional nurses increases according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Contact Hours: 2.0
Course Price: $20.00
Eagle Professional Services (EPS) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Florida Board of Nursing, CE provider # 50-29522.
Tracking # 20-761937
About this Course
You must score 80% or better on the test and complete the course evaluation tool to earn a certificate of completion for this CE activity. The information provided is for educational purposes.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the qualities and characteristics of a successful correctional nurse.
- Describe expectations and the typical duties of a correctional nurse.
- Explore and discuss what the nurse should consider prior to becoming a correctional nurse.
- Identify and understand the legal expectations of a nurse and typical policies at a correctional institution.
- Identify common pathogens related to correctional nursing and an institutionalized population.
- Explore and identify special considerations for the institutionalized population.
- Identify and describe common injuries within the workplace for correctional nurses.
- Identify strategies and ways the correctional nurse can maintain safety within the workplace.