Influenza: Signs, Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention
This course will explore Influenza: (“flu”) signs, symptoms, treatment and prevention for healthcare professionals. Influenza is a viral upper respiratory infection that can affect the nose, throat, and lungs and is essential especially in this time of the pandemic that is affecting us globally.
Contact Hours: 1.0
Course Price: $10.00
Eagle Professional Services (EPS) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Florida Board of Nursing, CE provider # 50-29522.
Tracking # 20-796450
About this Course
You must score 80% or better on the test and complete the course evaluation tool to earn a certificate of completion for this CE activity. The information provided is for educational purposes.
- Review the background definitions and terms regarding influenza
- Discuss the statistics regarding influenza rates, morbidity and mortality associated with influenza infection, and rates of vaccination.
- Validate the importance of prevention and describe ways that nurses are involved in influenza prevention.
- Recall the signs and symptoms of influenza infection.
- Examine the testing options for diagnosing influenza.
- Explain potential complications and appraise the treatment protocols for influenza infection.