Suicide and Suicide Prevention
The purpose of this course is to educate health care professionals on the dynamic nature of suicide and interventions to prevent suicide. Suicide is a complex, multifactorial phenomenon involving various risk factors and warning signs.
Contact Hours: 6.0
Course Price: $60.00
Eagle Professional Services (EPS) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Florida Board of Nursing, CE provider # 50-29522.
Tracking # 20-761917
About this Course
You must score 80% or better on the test and complete the course evaluation tool to earn a certificate of completion for this CE activity. The information provided is for educational purposes.
- Describe the statistical prevalence of suicide and suicide attempts
- Outline definitions relevant to suicides such as mean and method
- Discuss individuals at-risk for suicides by describing warning signs
- Outline the factors that attribute to suicide risk such as risk factors, protective factors, environmental factors, health factors, and historical factors
- Discuss special considerations of suicide for Veterans
- Identify the symptoms and treatment options for Veteran’s mental health disorders
- Identify common symptoms of depression
- Describe the processes of assessments for suicide risks, suicidal thoughts, and suicidal intent
- Discuss preparatory behaviors in individuals at-risk for suicide
- Discuss the risk factors for individuals with previous suicide attempts
- Identify indications for urgent and immediate action when suicide crisis presents
- Describe common treatment for depression and brain stimulation theory
- Discuss the role of nursing in suicide assessment and prevention measures