Tobacco Dependence Treatment
This course is to enhance the understanding of healthcare professionals in treating tobacco dependence.
Contact Hours: 1.0
Course Price: $10.00
Eagle Professional Services (EPS) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Florida Board of Nursing, CE provider # 50-29522.
Tracking # 20-759601
About this Course
You must score 80% or better on the test and complete the course evaluation tool to earn a certificate of completion for this CE activity. The information provided is for educational purposes.
- Recall the national statistics regarding tobacco dependence in the United States
- Briefly explain the deleterious effects of tobacco dependence and nicotine on the human body and the community
- Analyze the various treatments for tobacco dependence, including
- behavioral therapy
- nicotine replacement therapy
- pharmacology such as bupropion and varenicline
- electronic cigarettes
- legislative/community-wide efforts such as increased taxes or regulating decreased nicotine levels in cigarettes
- other alternatives such as financial incentives and meditation