This course offers a wide array of exciting opportunities for nurses who like to be on the go. It details contract stipulations attendance, uniforms, hour guarantees, stipends, bonuses, housing cost and arrangements, benefits, pay, laws and nursing scope of practice. Travel nurses must review their contracts and completely understand all rules, regulations, and expectations before signing.
Contact Hours 2
Course Price $20.00
Eagle Professional Services (EPS) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Florida Board of Nursing, CE provider # 50-29522.
Tracking # 20-714297
About this Course
You must score 80% or better on the test and complete the course evaluation tool to earn a certificate of completion for this CE activity. The information provided is for educational purposes.
- Identify the qualities and characteristics of a successful travel nurse.
- Be able to identify the importance of understanding the contract and obligations of a nurse prior to signing a contract or agreeing to an assignment.
- Explore and discuss what the nurse should consider prior to committing to a travel job.
- Identify and understand legal expectations related to travel nursing, and nursing scope of practice in other states.
- Explore the importance of attendance and identify appropriate actions to take when calling in sick.
- Identify factors that may negatively impact the travel assignment such as work relationships, communication, and personality conflicts.
- Understand, define, and identify the difference between guaranteed hours and non-guaranteed hours.
- Explore the two primary types of housing options for travel nurses.